Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sleep Issues

I've been having trouble falling asleep lately. We've gone from the extreme pass-out-in-two-minutes-fall-fast-into-REM to the current toss-and-turn-for-two-hours-and-pretend-like-the-clock-won't-think-it-counts.

Counting sheep is silly; there is no way farm creatures are that orderly.

But, I've come up with two solutions that seem to work:



1) Laundry basket over the head. Maybe it feels like the womb. Maybe it's the confounding claustrophobia: seal me off in a tight space so I feel protected, but make it easy to escape from because MY GOD THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN. Maybe I'm just a basket case weird.

2) Mattress on the floor. Maybe it's the change in position. Maybe it's the stability. Maybe it makes me feel more grounded...stopit.

In any case, both work, but the former would be more interesting to walk in on.

Me and my two hours of sleep (this accidental schedule is so jank) are going to go see if we can work the coffee machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment